Welcome to the Irish Deer Commission Membership Page
The Irish Deer Commission promotes and encourages efforts to improve the management and conservation of our wild deer. The Commission is a voluntary not for profit organisation, where members or Officers do not gain financially from any activities of the Commission.
For further details about the Irish Deer Commission, visit our website http://irishdeercommission.ie/about/
Important! Where possible, we aim to process all applications for membership within 28 days of receipt. During periods of registration for member events we will attempt to shorten the processing time to allow new members attend.
Membership Terms and Conditions
We welcome, as members, all who have interest in deer stalking and deer management, or anyone who would simply like to know more about wild deer and their conservation. Our members are only too willing to share their knowledge and experience with new members.
As a member of the Irish Deer Commission you will benefit from a busy schedule of member events on all aspects of deer and deer management. Members will also receive regular updates on deer related matters and have access to the Irish Deer Commission members social media pages. The Commission is highly respected and has a strong voice, actively campaigning on matters of interest to our members, allowing members the opportunity to influence legislation and other matters relating to deer and their management.
A condition of membership is acceptance of our aims and objectives along with rules of membership.
Applications for membership can only be accepted by using this online facility, no written, phone or postal applications are possible. Payment and refunds of membership fees is via PayPal, by either using a PayPal account or Credit/Debit Card using the Guest Payment option on PayPal for payments, refunds are via PayPal only.
Family membership is limited to a maximum of four persons per family membership and must be either spouses, and/or children of the spouse(s) and under the age of 18 years.
Rules and Conditions of Membership
- The membership shall commence from the close of the Annual General meeting until the closing of the next Annual General meeting
- Members shall pay an annual subscription, the amount of which shall be decided at the AGM.
- Members may be required to hold a certificate of competence in Deer Stalking such as HCAP or similar.
- Members may be required to hold third party insurance cover for the membership year or be a member of the Commission Group Insurance Policy.
- Applicants for membership must apply online through the Commission website to the Hon. Secretary and be proposed and seconded at a meeting of the Executive, and if all of those present so agree, admission will be granted. If it is not possible to hold an Executive meeting within a reasonable time frame of receipt of an application for membership, a proposer, seconder and admission/ refusal maybe decided by email to all Executive members.
- Members may only attend and will be admitted to Commission events by showing proof of current membership. Attendance to Commission events maybe limited by number and require advance booking.
- Membership may be terminated if a member is found guilty of a serious offence against the law of the land or is found to have contravened the rules of the Commission or Acts or Omissions in any way, which is prejudicial to the aims or/ and interests of the Commission.
- Those who have been found guilty or pleaded guilty to an offence under the Wildlife Acts or related legislation relating to deer, wildlife or firearms by way of a conviction, the Probation Act applied, pleaded guilty, fined maybe disentitled from becoming a member.
- The Commission reserves the right to refuse membership to an applicant and not to explain its reason for doing so. In the event of an application for membership being refused a new application will not be considered for a further 12 months from the date the applicant is refused membership. Any membership fees paid will be refunded within 28 days of membership refusal, less any fees applied by PayPal for processing payment/ refund.
- Termination of existing membership is to be advised in writing to the party or parties concerned within one week of the decision being made, and she/he may appeal against the decision in writing. Such an appeal must reach the Hon. Secretary within 15 days of the issue of notice of Termination of membership. The appeal shall be heard within one week of receipt of the appellant’s letter. Appellant may appear in person at the appeal hearing and may be accompanied by another member of the General body. The appellant will be advised by letter, of the result of the appeal hearing within seven days of the hearing appeal.
- Applicants for Membership of the Commission may be subject to a probationary period of one year and on the expiry of this period membership may or may not be renewed.
- Members will not be entitled to vote at the AGM within 6 months of being admitted to the Commission. An exemption to this rule will apply to founding Executive members within a 12-month period from the date the Commission is formed.
- Membership will lapse at the close of the AGM if the annual fee is not paid within 3 months following the date of the Annual general meeting and will not be restored until the appropriate fee is paid. If the fee is not paid within the membership year, an application for membership will have to be made.
- Members must not gain financially from any activities of the Commission, except for the receipt of legitimate and vouched expenses, which have been approved by the Executive and requested on the relevant claim form and signed.
- Members must not presume to speak on, or publish, or issue any material on behalf of the Commission unless approval for such action has been received from the Executive and through the PRO.
Where possible, we aim to process all applications for membership within 28 days of receipt. Applications are processed as set out in our rules and conditions of membership.
On acceptance of your application you will receive a document electronically confirming membership acceptance and your membership number, this document can be printed, saved or photographed as proof of membership and will be required for entry to member events.
In the event of your application been unsuccessful, where possible, we aim to refund your payment within 28 days of a decision been made, less any standard fees deducted by PayPal.
In the mean-time if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org